Follow these steps to set up Zimbra email in Outlook:
- To add an email address in Outlook 2013, first go to the File menu option near the upper left-hand corner within Outlook.
- With Info selected, click Add Account.
- Select Manual setup or additional server types and click Next.
- When asked "POP or IMAP," Select IMAP and click Next.
- For the incoming server, please use zimbra.proteonsoftware.org and port 993 with encryption SSL enabled.
For the outgoing server, please use zimbra.proteonsoftware.org and port 465 with encryption SSL enabled.
- Fill out the information on this window. Your login is your email and email password. Security/Encryption is SSL.
- Go to the Outgoing Server tab and check the box that says My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication and ensure Use same settings as my incoming mail server is selected underneath that.
- Now, go to the Advanced tab and change the Outgoing server (SMTP) port to 465 and select SSL for the preferred type of encryption. Then, simply click OK.
- You will be returned to original “Account Settings” screen. From here, simply click Next.
- Outlook will now test your account settings. Once it has succeeded, simply click Close from the test window and then Finish to complete the process.